BALLYBRENNAN, a parish, in the barony of FORTH, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (S. S. E.) from Wexford; containing 260 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the southern channel of Wexford haven, and on the road from Wexford to Rosslare Fort. It comprises 1030 statute acres; the system of agriculture has much improved, principally through the exertions of Messrs. H. and R. Jones, the latter of whom has reclaimed from the harbour about five acres of land, now forming a thriving plantation. A few of the inhabitants, during the season, are employed in the herring fishery. Ballybrennan Castle is the property of the Earl of Rathdown, and is occupied by Mr. R. Jones, who has a large corn store here, and has lately erected a windmill. The remains of the ancient castle, except a wall incorporated in the modern dwelling-house, have been taken down by the present tenant; several human bones were recently found near its site. The living is a rectory and vicarage, formerly included in the Wexford union, from which it was separated in 1831, in the diocese of Ferns, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to #57. 15. 6?., in addition to which the incumbent receives #14. 1. 5?. out of the tithes of Killinick. The church is in ruins. In the R. C. divisions the parish is within the union or district of Tagoat.