KILWATERMOY, a parish, in the barony of COSHBRIDE, county of WATERFORD, and province of MUNSTER, 2 miles (S. E.) from Tallow, on the river Blackwater ; containing 2527 inhabitants. The surface is in general mountainous. The principal seats are Moor Hill, the residence of W. Moore, Esq. ; Sapperton, of S. Moore, Esq. ; and Headborough, of the Rev. Percy Scott Smyth. These are handsome seats surrounded with plantations and ornamented with the river Bride, over which there is a wooden bridge. Here is also Janeville, the property of A. Keily, Esq. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Lismore, forming part of the union of Tallow ; the rectory is impropriate in the Duke of Devonshire. The tithes amount to #265. 16. 11., of which #177. 4. 7?. is payable to the impropriator. and #88. 12. 3?. to the vicar. A handsome church was erected about 1831 by a gift of #900 from the late Board of First Fruits. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Knockamore, and contains a chapel. There is a parochial school of 25 children under the superintendence of the vicar, to which Stephen Moore, Esq., contributes #30 annually ; also a private school of about 35 children. Near the site of the old church is a natural cavern.