CASTLE-RICKARD, a parish, partly in the barony of CARBERY, county of KILDARE, but chiefly in the barony of UPPER MOYFENRAGH, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER 4- miles (N. E.) from Clonard ; containing 554 inhabitants. This parish, which derives its name from an ancient castle, of which there are no remains, is situated on the river Boyne, and on the road from Edenderry to Trim. The seats are Castle-Rickard, the residence of G. Lucas Nugent, Esq. ; and Lion's Den, of Godwin Swift, Esq. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, and in the patronage of the Bishop : the tithes amount to £170. The church is a plain edifice in good repair. The glebe-house was built in 1790, by aid of a gift of £100, from the late Board of First Fruits ; and there are two glebes, comprising 10 acres. In the R. C. divisions this parish forms part of the union or district of Kildalkey. There is a hedge school at Inchmore of about 50 boys and 40 girls.
INCHMORE, a hamlet, in the parish of CASTLERICKARD, barony of MOYFENRAGH, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER; containing 10 houses and 72 inhabitants. It is situated on the river Boyne, which is here crossed by a bridge.