KYLE, or CLONFERTMULLOE, a parish, in the barony of UPPER OSSORY, QUEEN'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 1? mile (N. W.) from Burros-in-Ossory, on the road to Roscrea ; containing 1810 inhabitants. It comprises 6225 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at #2802 per annum. Agriculture is improving ; there is little bog, but a considerable quantity of mountain land. Charleville, the property of the White family, and now in the occupation of Col. Johnson. is situated in a handsome demesne. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Killaloe, forming part of the union of Roscrea ; the tithes amount to #111.16. 10. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Roscrea, and contains a chapel. There is a public school of 20 children, to which Sir C. Coote, Bart., and the Rev. W. Higgins contribute: and a private school of about 40 children. Here are the remains of an encampment, of the old church, and of Ballaghmore and Cloneurse castles.