TIPPERKEVIN, a parish, in the barony of UPPERCROSS, county of DUBLIN, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (W. S. W.) from Blessington ; containing 791 inhabitants, This parish comprises 1682 acres, as applotted under the tithe act ; the state of agriculture is gradually improving, and a great number of calves are fattened here for the Dublin market. Slate exists, but it is not at present worked. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Dublin, constituting the corps of the prebend of Tipperkevin in the cathedral of St. Patrick, Dublin, and in the patronage of the Archbishop: the tithes amount to #117. 16. 8., and there is a glebe of 80 acres. The church is a neat edifice, in the later English style, erected about seven years since by aid of a grant of #900 from the late Board of First Fruits, and the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have lately granted #164 for its repair. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Ballymore-Eustace. At Barrettstown are the ruined castle of that name, and an ancient burial-ground ; and at Slieve Ruagh, Dawdingstown, and Bishop's Hill, are moats or raths.