KILBONANE, a parish, in the barony of MAGONIHY, county of KERRY, and province of MUNSTER, 3 - miles (S.S.E.) from Milltown, on the road to Killarney; containing 3305 inhabitants. It is bounded on the south by the river Laune, and comprises 8377 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, the greater part of which is in tillage: the soil consists chiefly of a heavy clay, and there is a considerable portion of bog. The state of agriculture is gradually improving; the limestone quarries at Listry are extensively worked and the produce burnt for manure. At Ballymalis are flourmills, worked by the Gheestan river. Rockville is the property of the representatives of the late John Drew, Esq. The parish is in the diocese of Ardfert and Aghadoe; the rectory is impropriate in the Crosbie family, and the vicarage forms part of the union of Molahiffe. The tithes amount to £369. 4., payable in equal portions to the impropriators and the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Milltown: the chapel at Listry is a large modern building. At Faha is a school-house, with apartments for the master, built in 1834 by Mrs. Raymond, at an expense of £250, for the education of the male children of her tenantry, for which she allows the master £20 per annum: in this and the private schools of the parish about 80 children are educated. The ruins of the ancient church are situated near the banks of the Laune; and at Ballymalis are the remains of the castle of that name.