ARDRISTIN, a parish, in the barony of RATHVILLY, county of CARLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 1? mile (S. W. by W.) from Tullow, on the road to Clonegal; containing 543 inhabitants. It comprises 1525 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act; and within its limits is a part of the suburbs of the town of Tullow, called the Green and Tullow-beg. Except one townland entirely surrounded by the parish of Aghade, it is bounded on the east and south-east by the river Slaney. More than one-half of its surface consists of meadow and pasture land; the rest, with the exception of a small tract of bog, is amble. It formerly constituted part of the union of Aghade: the living is now a distinct impropriate curacy, in the diocese of Leighlin, and in the patronage of the Bishop; the tithes amount to #145. The ruins of the church, situated on the townland of Ardristin, are divided by a pointed arch and are 63 feet in length. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Tullow.