All Lewis entries for Kilbride



Kilbride

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Antrim

KILBRIDE

KILBRIDE, a parish, in the barony of UPPER ANTRIM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, 2- miles (W. N. W.) from Ballyclare, on the road from Ballymena to Doagh; containing 1849 inhabitants. This parish comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 5641 statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Connor, and part of the union of Donegore: the tithes amount to £373. 3. 4- . There is no church; divine service is performed in a school-house every Sunday. About 240 children are taught in four private schools, and there are three Sunday schools.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021