KILMACANOGUE, a parish, in the barony of HALF-RATHDOWN, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 2- miles (S. S. W.) from Bray, on the road from Dublin to Wexford ; containing 1136 inhabitants, of which 103 are in the village. The village comprises 17 houses, and is situated between the bases of the Great and Small Sugar Loaf mountains, on the road to the Glen of the Downs. The parish comprises 4890 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, besides a considerable quantity of mountainous waste land and some bog ; the system of agriculture is improving. The principal seats are Hollybrooke, the residence of Sir G. F. Hodson, Bart., a handsome mansion in the Elizabethan style, erected in 1835, and surrounded with beautiful grounds ; and Wingfield, the seat of the Rev. T. Quin: besides these there are Kilmacanogue House, the residence of W. W. Hicks, Esq., Grove Hill, of Ulick Burke, Esq. and several other good houses. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Dublin and Glendalough, forming part of the union of Delgany: the tithes amount to £120. 16. 7. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Bray, and contains a small chapel. About 70 children are educated in a private school, and there is a Sunday school. The remains of the old church, covered with ivy, are in the burial-ground. Gen. Wolfe was born at Kilmurray, in this parish.