BALLINACLASH, a district parish, in the barony of BALLINACOR, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 2- miles (S. W. by S.) from Rathdrum;containing 3855 inhabitants. This district is situated on the river Avonbeg, over which there is a bridge, and on the road from Rathdrum to Glenmalur. It is of recent creation as a parish, and comprehends the constablewicks of Ballykine and Ballinacor, forming a perpetual curacy, in the diocese of Dublin and glendalough,and in the patronage of the Rector of Rathdrum, who pays the curate's stipend. The church, on the townland of Ballinaton, is a neat building with a square tower,in the later English style of architecture, erected in 1834, at an expense of £900, granted by the Church Temporalities Commission. There is no glebe-house or glebe. There are two schools in the village, one a daily school and the other a Sunday school. -See BALLYKINE and BALLINACOR.