KILSHEELAN, a parish, partly in the barony of UPPERTHIRD, county of WATERFORD, but chiefly in that of IFFA and OFFA EAST, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 5 miles (W. N. W.) from Carrick-on-Suir, on the road from Clonmel to Waterford ; containing 1531 inhabitants, of Which number, 283 are in the county of Waterford, The village comprises 57 houses and 290 inhabitants, and is a constabulary police station. Here is a bridge over the river Suir. The principal seats are Newtown Anner, the residence of Lady Osborne ; Landscape, of - Congreve, Esq. ; and Gurteen, of E. Power, Esq., of which only the stables are yet built. Adjoining the magnificent woods of this demesne, which contains a cromlech, is a large ravine Composed of strata of red sandstone, white silicious sandstone, and soft slaty rock, Which decomposes into a pure yellow ochreous earth, It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Lismore, united to the rectory of Kilmurry, and in the gift of the Marquess of Ormonde, in whom the rectory is impropriate. The tithes amount to £380. 11. 11., of Which £250. 7. 2. is payable to the vicar, and the remainder to the impropriator ; the tithes of the benefice amount to £754. 19. 1. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Kilgrant or Riverstown, and contains a chapel. About 80 children are educated in two schools, one of Which is principally supported by Lady Osborne. The late W. Power, Esq., of Ballydino, left 30 acres of land and £5000 for the establishment of an almshouse, which is not yet finished, Here are some remains of the ancient church and of a castle, also a large moat.