All Lewis entries for Dogstown



Dogstown

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Tipperary

DOGGSTOWN

DOGGSTOWN, a parish, in the barony of MIDDLETHIRD, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 2- miles (S. S. W.) from Cashel ; containing 94 inhabitants. This parish comprises 429 statute acres of good arable and pasture land, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Cashel, forming part of the union of Knockgraffon: the tithes amount to £27. 13. 10-. In the R. C. divisions, also, it forms part of the union of Knockgraffon, and contains a chapel.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021