All Lewis entries for Drummully



Drummully

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Monaghan

DRUMKRIN

DRUMKRIN, or ST. MARY'S DRUMCRIN, a parish, in the barony of DARTRY, county of MONAGHAN, and province of ULSTER, 10 miles (N.) from Cavan ; containing 3751 inhabitants, and comprising 7469 statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Clogher, partly united by act of council, in 1804, to the rectory and vicarage of Galloon, and partly to that of Currin ; on the avoidance of the latter benefice, that part of the parish which is not united to Galloon will, with the exception of Hermitage and Lisnadish, which will remain annexed to Currin, be incorporated with the parish of Drummully, The tithes amount to £184. In the R. C. divisions it is in the union or district of Drummully, and. has a chapel at Drumslow. About 130 children are educated in two public schools, and about 200 in five private schools.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021