MOORGAGA, a parish, in the barony of KILMAINE, county of MAYO, and province of CONNAUGHT, 5- miles (N.) from Headfort, on the road to Ballinrobe ; containing 518 inhabitants, The parish comprises 1362- statute acres of arable and pasture land. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Tuam, forming part of the union of Kilmainmore: the tithes amount to £55. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Kilmain. There is a private school, in which are about 160 children. From the fine ruins of the abbey of Kill, part of the possessions of the Benedictines in the 12th century, situated near the border of a small lake, an extensive and interesting view is obtained.