KILMACLASSAR, a parish, in the barony of BURRISHOOLE, county of MAYO, and province of CONNAUGHT, 4 miles (S. E.) from Newport-Pratt, on the road from that place to Castlebar ; containing 3444 inhabitants. This parish, of which the surface is very uneven, comprises 6544 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at #2357 per annum: it is chiefly under tillage, and there is a great quantity of bog. Very good limestone is obtained, and there is a bleach-green. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Tuam, forming part of the union of Augha val ; the rectory is appropriate to the prebends of Killabegs and Faldown. The tithes amount to #130, of which #45. 10. is payable to the prebendaries, and #84. 10. to the vicar. Divine service is performed in a school house. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Kilmina, and has a neat chapel, which was built about 1820, at an expense of #600. About 170 children are educated in two public, and 70 in one private school.