MOYLARY, a parish, in the barony of FERRARD, county of LOUTH, and province of LEINSTER, 1- mile (S. by W.) from Dunleer, on the road from Dublin to Dundalk ; containing 1183 inhabitants. It comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 3635- statute acres, chiefly under tillage : the soil is in general light ; there is some marshy bog ; and within the limits of the parish are several quarries of good building stone. Stone House, the residence of Michael Chester, Esq., is situated in a neat demesne. It is a rectory and perpetual cure, in the diocese of Armagh, the rectory forming part of the union of Dunleer ; the perpetual cure, erected in 1818, is in the gift of the Incumbent. The tithes amount to £173. 3. 1. ; and the stipend of the curate is £105. 7. 8-. per ann., of which £50 is payable by the rector of Drumcar, under certain stipulations in Primate Marsh's will, and the remainder by the incumbent of Moylary. The glebe, comprising 13- acres, is held by the curate, subject to a rent of £27. 13. 10, The glebe-house was built in 1820, at an expense of £507. 13. 10-., British, of which £450 Irish was a gift, and £50 a loan from the late Board of First Fruits, The church is a neat modern structure, altered and repaired in 1811 by a parochial assessment, amounting to £300 Irish, In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Moylary, also called the district of Ballymakenny, comprising this parisli and parts of Drumshallon and Ballymakenny, and containing the chapels of Tenure in Moylary and Fieldstown in Drumshallon. Attached to the former is a school, in which, and in a private school, about 110 children are educated.