LACKAGH, a parish, partly in a detached part of the KING's county, but chiefly in the barony of WEST OPHALY, county of KILDARE, and province of LEINSTER 2- miles (W.) from Kildare, on the road to Monastereven, and on the Grand Canal ; containing 1450 inhabitants. It comprises 6431 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Kildare, united to the vicarage of Doneny, and in the patronage of the Bishop ; the tithes amount to £258. 9. 2-., and the value of the benefice is £302. 1. 10-. The glebe-house was erected by aid of a loan of £350 and a gift of £450 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1816 ; the glebe of the union comprises 18a. 2r. 16p. The church was rebuilt by aid of a grant from the same Board, about 1835. There are two private schools, in which about 80 children are educated. There are some remains of a castle that formerly belonged to the Fitzgeralds ; and of Mount Rice, a large mansion erected by the Rice family.