BULLANE, a parish, in the barony of ATHENRY, county of GALWAY, and province of CONNAUGHT, 4? miles (N.) from Loughrea; containing 551 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the road from Loughrea to Castle-Blakeney, and comprises 1283 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Clonfert, partly appropriate to the prebend of Annacalla, partly to the sacristy of the cathedral of Clonfert, and partly included in the union of Kilcolgan, in the diocese of Kilmacduagh. The tithes amount to #46, of which #23 is payable to the prebendary of Annacalla, #12 to the sacristan, and #11 to the incumbent of Kilcolgan. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of New Inn, and contains a chapel.