KILQUANE, or KILCOAN, a parish, partly in the barony of CONDONS and CLONGIBBONS, but chiefly in that of BARRYMORE, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 7 miles (N. E.) from Cork, on the road to Tallow ; containing 2335 inhabitants. It comprises 5842 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £2725 per annum. The land is generally fertile, but part of it is irreclaimable mountain, and the state of agriculture is improving : the mountain of Knockcumcreagh rises to a considerable elevation, and affords pasturage for cattle. There is a paper-mill at Knockra. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Cork, forming part of the corps of the prebend of Killaspigmullane in St. Finbarr's cathedral : the tithes amount to £265. The church was rebuilt by a gift of £650 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1820. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Cahirlog, or Glaun tane, and has a large chapel at Knockra. There are two public schools, one of which is endowed with a bequest of £10 per ann. from the late Rev. M. O'Keane, in Which 250 children are educated ; and a private school, in which 40 are educated.