All Lewis entries for Ballyboghil



Ballyboghil

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Dublin

BALLYBOGHILL

BALLYBOGHILL, a parish, in the barony of BALROTHERY, county of DUBLIN, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (N. W. by N.) from Swords, on the road from Dublin, by Naul, to Drogheda; containing 664 inhabitants, of which number, 144 are in the village, in which is a station of the constabulary police. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Dublin, and forms part of the union and corps of the prebend of Clonmethan in the cathedral of St. Patrick, Dublin ; the rectory is impropriate in the Crown. The tithes amount to £275. 15. of which £141 is payable to the crown, and £134. 15. to the vicar. The church is in ruins. In the R. C. divisions it is in the union or district of Naul, also called Damastown; the chapel is a neat building. A schoolhouse was erected in the village by subscription, and there are two private schools in the parish.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021