KILDOLLAGH, or KILDALLOCK, a parish, partly in the barony of UPPER DUNLUCE, county of ANTRIM, but chiefly in the North-West Liberties of COLERAINE, county of LONDONDERRY, and province of ULSTER, 2 miles (S. E.) from Coleraine, on the river Bann; containing 982 inhabitants. According to the Ordnance survey it comprises 2006 statute acres, of which 1984 are in Londonderry: the land is fertile and well drained, fenced, and cultivated. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Connor, forming part of the union of Rasharkin. About 40 children are educated in a private school, and there is a Sunday school. Near the village of Loughans are the ruins of the ancient church; also the foundations of the castle of McQuillan, where a sanguinary battle was fought, in 1534, between the rival septs of O'Kane and McQuillan. Not far distant is a lofty fort, containing a large cave.