All Lewis entries for Tullowcreen



Tullowcreen

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Carlow

TULLOWCRINE

TULLOWCRINE, a parish, in the barony of IDRONE WEST, county of CARLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 5- miles (S. W.) from Carlow, on the road from Leighlin-bridge to Castlecomer, and on the river Barrow ; containing 1348 inhabitants. It is an impropriate cure, in the diocese of Leighlin, forming part of the union of Old Leighlin : the rectory is appropriate to the Dean and Chapter. The tithes amount to £300 In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Leighlin-bridge.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021