GRANGEFORTH, a parish, in the barony and county of CARLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 2 miles (S. W. by S.) from Tullow, on the road to Carlow ; containing 926 inhabitants. By inquisition taken in 1601 it appears that it belonged to Fferdoroghe O'Gormogane, but it was granted to Sir John Ponsonby in 1669. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Leighhin, forming part of the union of Urglin: the tithes amount to £264. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Tullow, and contains a chapel. There is a public school, in which about 150 children are educated.