All Lewis entries for Donegore



Donegore

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Antrim

DONEGORE

DONEGORE, a parish, in the barony of UPPER ANTRTM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, 3- miles (E. by N.) from Antrim ; containing 2532 inhabitants. It comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 6650 statute acres. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Connor, united to that of Kilbride, and the granges of Nalteen and Doagh, forming the union of Donegore, in the patronage of the Bishop. The tithes of the parish amount to £393. 7. 10-., and of the entire benefice, to £954. 5. 9. : there is a glebe-house. The church, which is nearly in the centre of the parish, was built in 1659. . Divine service is also performed every Sunday in a private house at Kilbride. There is a meeting-house for Presbyterians in connection with the Synod of Ulster, of the first class, and one in connection with the Seceding Synod, of the second class. The parochial school, in which are about 60 children, is aided by the rector ; and there are three Sunday schools.

FOUR-MILE-BURN

FOUR-MILE-BURN, a hamlet, in the parish of DONEGORE, barony of UPPER ANTRIM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER ; containing 15 houses and 73 inhabitants.

PARK-GATE

PARK-GATE, a village, in the parish of DONEGORE, barony of UPPER ANTRIM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, 4? miles (E.) from Antrim ; containing 35 houses and 162 inhabitants. It is a station of the constabulary police ; petty sessions are held on alternate Tuesdays, and fairs on the 7th of Feb., May, and. Aug., and on the 4th of November.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021