KILNAGLORY, a parish, partly in the county of the city of CORK, but chiefly in the barony of BARRETTS, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 5 miles (W. S. W.) from Cork, on the old road from Ballincollig to Ovens ; containing 1129 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated in the heart of a retired district, comprises 4558 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £3365 per ann. A portion of it dips into the limestone district near Ovens, and again near Ballincollig castle, but the stone lies too deep to be profitably worked, as it can be easily procured from the adjoining parishes. The southern portion of the parish, adjoining Inniskenny, rests entirely upon a substratum of clay-slate. The surface is hilly and the land full of springs, which is a great impediment to cultivation, especially in wet seasons. The northern of lower portion partakes of the rich and excellent quality of the limestone plain of which it forms a part, and the soil is extremely fertile. About one-third of the land is in pasture, and the remainder under tillage ; the system of agriculture is improving ; the holdings being in the possession of a few individuals, who have both skill and capital, are in an excellent state of cultivation. Here is Ballinora, the seat of J. Beamish, Esq. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Cork, partly constituting the corps of the prebend of Kilnaglory, in the cathedral church, and partly appropriate to the treasurer of St. Finbarr's, Cork ; and in 1785 episcopally united to the rectory and vicarage of Athnowen, and in the patronage of the Bishop. The tithes amount to £360, of which £325 is payable to the prebendary, and £35 to the treasurer. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Ballincollig ; there is a neat chapel at Ballinora. About 45 children are taught in a private school. There are several raths or forts.