KILQUANE, or ST. PATRICK'S NORTH, a chapelry, in the barony of BUNRATTY, county of CLARE, and province Of MUNSTER, 2 miles (N.) from Limerick, on the north side of the river Shannon ; containing 2028 inhabitants. It comprises 371 9 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, which are chiefly in tillage : the state of agriculture has of late years considerably improved, from its proximity to the city of Limerick, of which it includes a small portion of the north liberties ; midway between Corbally mills and St. Thomas's Island is the boundary mark called the "Liberty stone." There is a considerable portion of bog ; and limestone, con-taining fossil shells, is used for building and burnt for manure. On the river Blackwater, which runs into the Shannon, are two large flour-mills, the property of S. Caswell, Esq. Manorial courts for the recovery of small debts are occasionally held at Athlunkard and Parteen ; and at Ardnacrusha is a station of the constabulary police. The seats are Spring Hill, the residence of P. Mc Adam, Esq. ; Quinsborough, of Martin Honan, Esq. (formerly the residence of Lord George Quin) ; Whitehall, of Capt. R. Kane ; Fairy Hill, of E. Burnard, Esq. ; Thomas Island, of J. Tuthill, Esq.; anti Cottage, of R. Rogers, Esq. It is a perpetual cure, forming with Singland, or St. Patrick's South, the rectory of St. Patrick, in the diocese of Limerick, and part of the union of St. Patrick and of the corps of the treasurership of the cathedral of Limerick. The tithes, amounting to £184. 12. 3-., are payable to the rector ; the curate has a stipend of £75, and £12 per ann. from Primate Boulter's augmentation fund. The church is a neat building with a tower and spire, towards which the late Board of First Fruits granted £700, in 1819. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Parteen, or Kilquane, which also includes part of the parish of Killely or Meelick, and contains the chapels of Ardinacrusha and Parteen ; the former is a handsome edifice of hewn stone. The parochial school is chiefly supported by the rector, who allows £10 per ann. and discharges the rent of the school-house ; and at Parteen is a large national school, chiefly supported by a grant of £30 per ann. from the Board. The school-house, erected by Mr. Honan in 1833, consists of a centre and two projecting wings, and contains apartments for the master and mistress. The ruins of the old church still remain in the burial-ground.