KILNASOOLAGH, a parish, in the barony of BUNRATTY, county of CLARE, and province of MUNSTER, adjoining the post-town of Newmarket-on-Fergus, on the road from Ennis to Limerick ; containing 1319 inhabitants. It comprises 5116 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act ; the land is of excellent quality and mostly under tillage, and the state of agriculture has of late been much improved, chiefly through the exertions of Sir Edw. O'Brien, Bart. Limestone of superior quality abounds, some of which admits of a high polish. The Latoon river, which separates this parish from Quin on the north, is navigable to the bridge for lighters of 50 tons : sea manure is here landed, and corn is occasionally sent hence to Limerick. A cotton manufactory was established a few years since, but was soon discontinued. The Newmarket petty sessions are held every alternate Thursday at Rathfoland, on the southern border of the parish, immediately adjoining the town. Dromoland, the seat of Sir Edw. O'Brien, Bart., is a superb edifice in the castellated style, lately erected on the site of the ancient mansion, and surrounded by an extensive and richly wooded demesne, in which great improvements have recently been made. On an eminence in the deer-park is a turret that forms a conspicuous landmark in the navigation of the Fergus. Carrigorin, the seat of Sir Win. Fitzgerald, Bart., is a handsome mansion commanding a fine view of the junction of the Fergus and Shannon, and of the numerous islands by which the former is studded. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Killaloe, united to those of Dromline and Kilmaleery, and in the patronage of the Bishop: the rectory forms part of the rectorial union of Tradree or Tomfinlough. The tithes amount to £242. 1. 10-., of which £147. 13. 10-., is payable to the rector, and the remainder to the vicar: the entire tithes of the vicarial union amount to £184. 12. 4-. The glebe-house, erected about 1815, for which the late Board of First Fruits granted £400 as a gift and £260 as a loan, stands on a gentle eminence commanding an extensive prospect of the Fcrgus and Shannon and their numerous Islands the glebe comprises 12 acres, subject to a rent of £9 late currency, and there is a small glebe of 1- acre near the church. The church, a large and handsome building with a tower surmounted by a spire, was rebuilt in 1815, at an expense of about £1500, towards which the same Board granted a loan of £900 It contains a finely executed monument to Sir Donat O'Brien, and some mural tablets of the Fitzgerald family. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union of district of Newmarket, where the principal chapel is situated. At Dromoland is a large school, with a garden and apartments for the master, entirely supported by the O'Brien family ; a female school is also supported by Lady O'Brien ; in these schools about 110 children are educated. There is also a small private school in the parish ; and the parochial school-house near the church, destroyed by accident some time since, is intended to be rebuilt by subscription. At Mohawn and Rathfoland are the ruins of the castles respectively so called.