KILLEGNEY, a parish, in the barony of BANTRY, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 6 miles (S. W.) from Enniscorthy, on the river Boro and near the high road to New Ross ; containing 1616 inhabitants. It comprises 6531 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. The lands are chiefly under tillage ; the soil is generally light and poor, but the system of agriculture is greatly improved, and the drill husbandry is in general use. Castle Boro, the spacious modern mansion of Lord Carew, is built on the site of an ancient castle belonging to that family, of whom the present Lord was created a peer of Ireland in 1834. The house is beautifully situated on the bank of the picturesque river Boro, which, after winding through the richly wooded demesne, discharges itself into the Slaney about two miles below Enniscorthy ; and the grounds, which are tastefully disposed, comprehend some beautiful scenery, in which the spire of the church, rising above the neighbouring groves, forms a pleasing feature. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, episcopally united, in 1798, to the impropriate curacy of Chapple, and in the patronage of the Bishop : the tithes amount to £304. 12. 3-. The church, for the erection of which the late Board of First Fruits granted a loan of £900, in 1827, is a neat modern edifice, and an elegant spire was added to it at the expense of the present Lord Carew ; the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have lately granted £106 for its repair. The glebe.house is a neat residence, amid the glebe comprises 16 acres, subject to a rent of £13. 16. 10-. In the R. C. divisions this parish forms part of the union or district of Templeudigan ; the chapel is at Poolpeasty. Near Castleboro is a neat school-house for girls, built by Lady Carew, who allows the mistress £15 per annum, and a neat cottage residence adjoining it rent-free ; there are about 30 children in this school ; about 40 children are taught in a private school, and there is a Sunday school. A fever hospital and dispensary are supported by Lord Carew and by grand jury presentments. The Rev. James Gordon, author of an abridgment of Irish History, the History of the Rebellion in 1798, and various other works, was for many years rector of this parish.