All Lewis entries for Kilrush



Kilrush

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Waterford

KILRUSH

KILRUSH, a parish, in the barony of DECIES-WITHOUT-DRUM, county of WATERFORD, and province of MUNSTER, 2 miles (N. W.) from Dungarvan ; containing 724 inhabitants. It comprises 1401 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and is nearly surrounded by the parish of Dungarvan. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Lismore, united to the rectories of Ballybacon and Kilmolash, together forming the union of Kilrush and the corps of the archdeaconry of Lismore, in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £152. 6. 3., and of the union to £845. 6. 4. There is a glebe-house, with a glebe of 20 acres, besides 30 acres belonging to the archdeaconry. Here are some interesting remains of the old church, covered with ivy.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2020