TULLOGHMEELAN, or TULLAMELLON, a parish, in the barony of IFFA and OFFA WEST, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 5 miles (S. W. by W.) from Clonmel, on the mail road to Cork ; containing 1100 inhabitants. It is situated on the river Suir, and comprises 1660 acres, as applotted under the tithe act, chiefly under an improved system of tillage. Knocklofty, the seat of the Earl of Donoughmore, is situated in a finely wooded and extensive demesne, which, with the deer-park, comprises about 320 acres ; the demesne, which is bounded on the south by the river, exhibits some delightful scenery, and commands extensive and interesting views. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Lismore, united to that of Newcastle, and together constituting the corps of the treasurership, in the patronage of the Bishop : the tithes amount to £207. 2. 3. The lands belonging to the treasurership comprise 96- statute acres, of which 72, called Ballynalegan, adjoin the town of Lismore, on the river Blackwater ; the remaining 24- acres constitute the glebe of Newcastle, and the whole is let on lease at £47. 10. per annum, and an annual renewal fine of £27 : the gross value of the dignity, tithe and land inclusive, amounts to £436. 0. 9. per annum. The glebe-house was built in 1817, when the late Board of First Fruits gave £100 and lent £750 towards its erection. The church, a neat and commodious edifice with a tower, was erected about 46 years since. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Ardfinnan, and contains a chapel. In the parochial school, which is chiefly supported by the Earl of Donoughmore, who also built the school-house, about 80 children are educated. John, second Earl of Donoughmore, is interred in the family vault at Tulloghmeelan ; he succeeded Sir Ralph Abercromby in the command of the army in Egypt, where he much distinguished himself, and was raised to the peerage in 1801 as Baron Hutchinson of Alexandria and Knocklofty : his lordship died in 1832. There are some ancient Danish forts within the limits of the parish.