All Lewis entries for Templenoe



Templenoe

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Tipperary

TEMPLENOE

TEMPLENOE, or LISNAVILLA, a parish, in the barony of CLANWILLIAM, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 3 miles (N. E.) from Tipperary, on the road to Cashel, containing 1089 inhabitants. It comprises 3037 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £3548 per annum, consisting chiefly of rich grazing land, The principal seats are Greenane, the residence of R. Southeote Mansergh, Esq.; Friarsfield Cottage, of Capt. Robt. Mansergh ; and Newtown Cottage, of Jno. C. Mansergh, Esq. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, forming part of the union of Tipperary : the tithes amount to £184. 12. 3-. The glebe-house of the union is in this parish. About 120 children are educated in two private schools.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2020