TEMPLETHAY, TEMPLETHIRY, or TEMPLE ETNY, a parish, in the barony of IFFA and OFFA EAST, County of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 4- miles (N. by E.) from Clonmel ; containing 1437 inhabitants, This parish comprises 2375 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Lismore, forming part of the union of Kilcash ; the rectory is impropriate in the Marquess of Ormonde, The tithes amount to £216. 18. 4., of which £119. 19. 11. is payable to the impropriator. and the remainder to the vicar, About 150 children are taught in a public school, for which a spacious and handsome building was erected at an expense of £1500, of which £ 1100 was contributed by the Marquess of Ormonde ; and there are three private schools.