All Lewis entries for Redcity



Redcity

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Tipperary

REDCITY

REDCITY, or DEMELLOGE, (also called KILMILLOCK), a parish, in the barony of MIDDLETHIRD, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 1- mile (S. W.) from Fethard ; containing 364 inhabitants, and comprising 1189 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Cashel, annexed to the rectory and vicarage of Tullamain, and in the patronage of the Archbishop : the tithes amount to £96, and the tithes of both parishes to £236. The parishioners attend the adjoining parish church of Fethard.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021