MOGORBANE, a parish, in the barony of MIDDLETHIRD, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 5 miles (E.) from Cashel, on the road from Clonmel to Thurles and Nenagh ; containing 1282 inhabitants. It comprises 6522 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and contains an abundance of limestone. The principal seats are Mobarnan Manor, the handsome and well-planted demesne of M. Jacob, Esq. ; Beechmount, the residence of T. G. Phillips, Esq. ; and Silverfort, of J. Scully, Esq. It is a perpetual curacy, in the diocese of Cashel, and in the gift of the Archbishop, to whose mensal the rectory is appropriate. The tithes, amounting to £230, are entirely payable to the archbishop, who allows a stipend to the curate: there is a glebe-house. The church is a neat Gothic structure, built about 20 years since, In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Killenaule, and has a chapel at Moyglass, In the parochial school, built on an acre of ground given by S. Jacob, Esq., who also contributed £40 towards its erection, about 40 children are educated ; and there are two private schools, containing about 170 children. Some remains of Mobarnan and Ballyvaiden castles still exist ; and there are several ancient forts.