All Lewis entries for Loughmoe West



Loughmoe West

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Tipperary

LOUGHMORE WEST

LOUGHMORE WEST, or LOUGHMOE, a parish, in the barony of ELIOGARTY, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 2- miles (S. by E.) from Templemore, on the road to Thurles and Clonmel ; containing 2878 inhabitants, and, with Loughmore East, comprising 6923 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act.

The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Cashel, and in the gift of the Archbishop ; the rectory is impropriate in the Marquess of Ormonde. The tithes amount to £536. 6., of which £296. 6. is payable to the impropniator, and the remainder to the vicar. There is no church or glebe-house. In the R. C. divisions it forms pant of the union or district of Loughmore and Castleinny, which also comprises the parish of Temple-erry, and contains a chapel in each parish. About 220 children are educated in three private schools,


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021