All Lewis entries for Kilmurry



Kilmurry

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Tipperary

KILMURRY

KILMURRY, a parish, in the barony of IFFA and OFFA EAST, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 2- miles (N. W. by N.) from Carrick-on-Suir near the river Suir and the high road from Clonmel to Waterford ; containing 2220 inhabitants. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Lismore, forming part of the union of Kilsheelan: the tithes amount to £504. 18. 11. In the R. C. divisions the parish is united with Grange-Mockler ; there is a chapel in each. There is a private school, in which about 100 children are educated.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021