KILLOLOAN, a parish, partly in the barony of UPPERTHIRD, county of WATERFORD, and partly in that of IFFA and OFFA EAST, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 2- miles (E. N. E) from Clonmel, on the road from that place to Waterford ; containing 1150 inhabitants. The land is well cultivated, and there is abundance of good limestone. The river Suir, which flows through part of the parish, is navigable for small vessels. Here is Cottage, the residence of T. Ryan, Esq. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Lismore, forming part of the union of Kilcash: the rectory is impropriate in Viscount Lismore: the tithes amount to £102. 9. 2., of which £66. 12. 3. is payable to the impropriator. and the remainder to the vicar. The church is a modern building. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Kilgrant. About 210 children are educated in two public schools, one of which is supported by Lady Osborne, and about 20 in a private school. At Gurteen are some druidical remains ; and in the Waterford part of the parish are the ivyclad ruins of Darinlar castle, of which only the keep and some vaults remain.