CULLENWAYNE, a parish, in the barony of CLONLISK, KING'S county, and province of LEINSTER, containing, with the post-town of Moneygall, 1653 inhabitants, of which number, 379 are in the town. This parish is situated on the road from Dublin to Limerick, and contains 3550 statute acres, of which about 1100 are reclaimable bog. The principal residences are Rathenney House, that of Maunsell Andrews, Esq., situated in a handsome demesne ; Green Hills, of the Rev. W. Minchin ; Silver Hills, of Mrs. Smith ; and Rathenney Cottage, of J. Andrews, Esq. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Killaloe, and is part of the union of Templeharry : the tithes amount to £227. 9. 10-. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Dunkerrin ; the chapel is at Moneygall. The parochial school is aided by the incumbent and other contributors ; a school in the village is supported by the parish priest, and there are two others. There is also a private school, in which are about 30 boys and 10 girls.