All Lewis entries for Baptistgrange



Baptistgrange

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Tipperary

GRANGE (ST. JOHN BAPTIST)

GRANGE (ST. JOHN BAPTIST), a parish, in the barony of MIDDLETHIRD, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 2 miles (S. E.) from Fethard, on the road to Clonmel ; containing 771 inhabitants. It comprises about 2754 statute acres and is well cultivated. The principal seats are Clonacody, that of E. Kellett, Esq. ; and Lakefield, of W. Pennefather, Esq. ; both handsome residences. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Lismore, forming part of the union of Cahir ; the rectory is impropriate in the representatives of W. Netterville, Esq. The tithes amount to £160, of which £100 is payable to the impropriators and £60 to the vicar.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021