TAUNAGH, a parish, in the barony of TIRAGHRILL, county of SLIGO, and province of CONNAUGHT, 9 miles (N. N. W.) from Boyle, on the road to Sligo ; containing 1568 inhabitants. This parish, situated on the river Arrow, or Unshion, which flows from Lough Arrow, comprises, as applotted under the tithe act, 2510 statute acres ; it has in general a good deep soil, and contains a small quantity of bog. It is in the diocese of Elphin ; the rectory forms part of the union and corps of the prebend of Kilmacallane ; the vicarage, part of the union of Boyle. The tithes amount to £77. 10.9., equally divided between the rector and the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district called Riverstown, There are remains of the old church, with a burial-ground attached ; and near the mail coach road are the ruins of Bahy castle, surrounded with trees. A patron is held at Patrick's well on March 17th.