MOYMET, a parish, in the barony of UPPER NAVAN, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 2 miles (N. W.) from Trim, on the road to Kells and Navan ; containing 634 inhabitants. It comprises 3174 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, consisting of arable and pastureland of good and middling quality. There is abundance of limestone, used for building. Lord Sherborne has lately constructed a good house here, with which part of an old castle is incorporated ; it is the residence of J. G. Dawson, Esq., his lordship's agent. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, and in the patronage of the Crown ; the tithes amount to £230. 15. 4-. The glebe-house was erected by aid of a gift of £400, and a loan of £400, in 1812, from the late Board of First Fruits ; the glebe comprises 10 acres, valued at £15. 15. per annum. In the R. C. divisions the parish is the head of a union or district, comprising the parishes of Moymet, Churchtown, Tullyhanogue, Rataine, Kilcooly, and Clonmacduff, in which union are two chapels, in Moymet and Churchtown. About 90 children are educated in a school aided by annual donations from Lord Sherborne and the rector ; the school-house was given by the Rev. Mr. Tuite, P. P.