MOORECHURCH, a parish, in the barony of UPPER DULEEK, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (N. W.) from Balbriggan, on the mail-coach road from Dublin to Belfast ; containing 1009 inhabitants. The parish comprises 4860 statute acres, of which 4562- are applotted under the tithe act ; two-thirds of the land are arable, and one-third pasture, and about 56 acres are woods and plantations. Agriculture has greatly improved ; the land in the eastern part of the parish is of very superior quality, and noted for the neatness of the hedgerows. Near Dardistown is a good flour and corn-mill ; and in the vicinity is a small tuck-mill. The principal seats are Dardistown Castle, the residence of H. Osborne, Esq. ; Mosney House, of G. Pepper, Esq. ; Claremount, of B. Clare, Esq. ; Moorechurch, of G. Yates, Esq. ; and Olaristown, of Jas. Ennis, Esq. The coast is here a broad shallow strand, in view of which are the Cargee rocks, off the Dublin coast, dry at half-tide, and on which a beacon is fixed. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Meath, forming part of the union of Julianstown ; the rectory is impropriate in George Pepper, Esq. The tithes amount to £550, of which £450 is payable to the impropriator, and £100 to the vicar the glebe comprises 9- acres, valued at £28. 18. per annum. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Stamullen ; there is a neat chapel at Sarsfieldstown ; where also are remains of an ancient stone cross. Ruins of the old church exist ; and in the burial-ground is a tombstone to the memory of Jane Sarsfield, Dowager Baroness of Dunsaney, who died in 1597.