KILLALLON, a parish, in the barony of DEMIFORE, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 2 miles (S. S. W.) from Crossakeel, on the road from Oldeastle to Athboy ; containing 1835 inhabitants. It comprises 7336 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, about two-thirds of which are in tillage ; the land is light, but all of it can be cultivated. Lakefield is the seat of J. Battersby, Esq. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, united in 1782 to the vicarage of Killua, and in the patronage of the Bishop and the Marquess of Drogheda: the tithes of Killallon amount to £323. 1. 6-., and of the whole benefice to £368. 1. 6-. The church of the union is at Clonmellon, in Killua ; it was built about fifty years since, towards which the late Sir B. Chapman, Bart, contributed largely. The glebe-house is in this parish, and was built in 1812, by aid of a gift of £100 and a loan of £750 from the late Board of First Fruits. The glebe comprises 36 acres, valued at £54 per annum, but subject to a rent of £11, payable to the Earl of Fingall. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Clonmellon, and has a plain chapel. About 100 children are educated in a private school.