GALTRIM, or GAULTRIM, a parish, in the barony of LOWER DEECE, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (S.) from Summerhill, on the road to Navan ; containing 716 inhabitants, This parish comprises 3953 statute acres, of which about two-thirds are under tillage. At Cloneymeath is a quarry of good building stone. Here is a constabulary police station. Galtrim House, a handsome residence in a well planted demesne, is the seat of J. Fox, Esq., who is descended from Magnus Nial, Monarch of Ireland, and is the representative of the Lords of Kilcourcy, to whom Queen Elizabeth granted large possessions. This district was anciently a palatinate : the parish was granted by the Irish parliament, in 1543, to the priory of St. Peter's near Trim. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Meath, and in the patronage of Thomas Hussey, Esq. ; the rectory is impropriate in Joseph Ashe and George Fisher, Esqrs. The tithes amount to £176. 12. 3., of which £21. 12. 3. is payable to the impropriators and the remainder to the vicar : the great tithes of the townlands of Walterstown and Branganstown, amounting to £35, are payable to the incumbent of Kentstown. The glebe-house, which has a glebe of nine acres, was built by aid of a loan of £300 and a gift of £400, in 1815, from the late Board of First Fruits. The church, which is a neat edifice with a tower, was erected in 1800. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Kilmore, or Monalvey, and has a neat plain chapel at Boycetown-bridge. About 70 children are educated in the parochial school, which is partly supported by the vicar and W. Disney, Esq. ; and there is a small private school.