All Lewis entries for Emlagh



Emlagh

More information on Samuel Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)
Accompanying Lewis map for Meath

EMLAGH

EMLAGH, or IMLAGH, a parish, in the barony of LOWER KELLS, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (N. E. by E.) from Kells, on the road from Moynalty to Navan ; containing 349 inhabitants ; and comprising 2964 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. The river Borora runs througln the parish, and joins the Blackwater at Bloomsbury. Here is a large bog, which supplies the surrounding country with fuel. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, forming part of the union of Newtown ; the tithes amount to £90. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Stahalmock.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2021