BARONSTOWN, a parish, in the barony of UPPER DUNDALK, county of LOUTH, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (W. N. W.) from Dundalk; containing 1012 inhabitants. It is situated on the turnpike road from Dundalk, by Castle-Blayney, to Monaghan, and comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 2208- statute acres. The lands are nearly all arable and pasture; the soil is fertile, and the system of agriculture has been greatly improved; there is very little waste land, and not more bog than is sufficient to supply the inhabitants with fuel. Derefalone, the seat of G. McGusty, Esq., is in this parish. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Armagh, with the curacies of Philipstown-Nugent, Kene, and Roche, united by act of council in 1785, forming the union of Baronstown, in the patronage of the Lord-Primate for three turns, and of the Dean and Chapter of Christ-Church, Dublin, for one: the tithes amount to £219. 10. 11-., and of the entire benefice to £414. 7. 9-. The church of the union, a neat edifice with a tower, and in good repair, is situated on an eminence at Philipstown-Nugent, nearly in the centre of the union; and almost adjoining it is the glebe-house, to which are attached 17 acres of profitable land. In the K. C. divisions the parish is partly united with Philipstown-Nugent and Dunbin, forming the union or district of Baronstown, and partly included in that of Haggardstown; the chapel, called the chapel of Kilcurly, is close on the confines of this parish and of that of Dunbin. There is a school at Kilcurly of about 80 boys and 40 girls. At Belrobin was an ancient castle, formerly the residence of a branch of the Bellew family; its site is now occupied by the residence and offices of Mr. Owen M'Kone, one of the most extensive occupiers of land in the county. There is also a rath or ancient fort at the same place, which has been planted, and another on the townland of Milltown.