LUDDENBEG, or LUDDON, a parish, in the barony of CLANWILLIAM, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 5? miles (S. E. by S.) from Limerick, on the old road to Gahirconlish ; containing 837 inhabitants. It comprises 1183 statute acres of good land, as applotted under the tithe act, of which about one-half is in tillage : the substratum consists chiefly of a mixture of basalt and limestone. It is in the diocese of Emly : the rectory is impropriate in Viscount Southwell, and the vicarage forms part of the union of Cahirconlish. The tithes amount to #124, of which #70 is payable to the impropriator. and the remainder to the vicar. At Isertlaurence is a good glebe of 9 acres, and at Luddenbeg is another of 4? acres. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Ballybricken, and has a small chapel at Bohermore. At the foot of a gentle eminence are the ruins of the old church, by some writers called an abbey, on the walls of which are some figures rudely sculptured in has relief ; and a little to the south stood the castle of Luddenmore, a strong fortress, of which scarcely a vestige can be traced.