KILKELLANE, or KILCULLANE, a parish, in the barony of SMALL COUNTY, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 4 miles (N. E. by E.) from Bruff on the road from Limerick to Hospital; containing 679 inhabitants. This was part of the immense estate of the Earl of Desmond, and on his rebellion was granted to Robert Bouchier, Gent., who soon afterwards erected Kilcullane House, which has been sold to Viscount Guillamore. The parish comprises 1299 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act: the land is fertile, and is based on limestone; there are some small tracts of turbary. It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Emly, forming part of the union of Cahircorney; the rectory is impropriate in E. Deane Freeman, Esq. The tithes amount to £135, of which two-thirds are payable to the impropriator, and one-third to the vicar. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Hospital, or Herbertstown. Near the remains of the old church are the ruins of Kilcullane castle, which was erected by the Hurleys in the 15th century.