All Lewis entries for Kilbreedy Minor



Kilbreedy Minor

More information on Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)



Accompanying Lewis map for Limerick


KILBREEDY-MINOR

KILBREEDY-MINOR, a parish, in the barony of COSHMA, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 2 miles (N. W. by N.) from Kilmallock, and on the road from that place to Charleville; containing 600 inhabitants. It comprises 2087 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act: the soil is very good, but only about one-fifth of it is under tillage, the remainder being meadow or pasture land. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Limerick, and in the gift of the Bishop: the tithes amount to #130. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Effin. Near the south bank of the Subtach are the ruins of the old church.


Irish Times subscribers | | John Grenham | | Sitemap | | Login | | Subscribe | | Contact | | FAQs | | What's new?| | Privacy policy

Copyright © John Grenham 2020