DONOUGHMORE, a parish, in the barony of UPPER OSSORY, QUEEN'S county, and province of LEINSTER, 1- mile (N. W. by N.) from Rathdowney, on the road from Burros-in-Ossory to Kilkenny ; containing 1211 inhabitants, of which number, 383 are in the village. This parish contains 3226 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. The village comprises about 70 houses, and contains extensive corn-mills and a large starch manufactory. Fairs are held in it on March 28th, June 12th and 13th, Aug. 31st, and Dec. 12th. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, and in the patronage of the Bishop : the tithes amount to £154. 9. 7-. There is a glebe-house, with a glebe of 193 acres. The church was rebuilt by aid of a loan of £500 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1821. In the R. C. divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Rathdowney, and contains a plain chapel. The parochial school is endowed with an acre of land by the rector, and there are two private schools, in all which about 100 children are educated.